Man this week flew by! Although, yesterday felt like Friday to me…. don’t you hate it when that happens?
Anyway, on to what we were up to this week!
1. On Wednesday I took a little road trip with a friend and our babies which ended up at the outlet mall. I was surprisingly restrained there.
2. Wednesday night we met up with hubby’s work folks at Pompieri Pizza, here in Durham. Oh. My. Goodness. I was so looking forward to this meal, and it did not disappoint! I managed to escape without taking pictures, because we dove into our food ASAP.
My husband ordered the BC Pie, which came with mushrooms, goat cheese, roasted garlic, rosemary and olive oil (yum!). I ordered the White Florian, which was a mix of romano, pecorino, and mozzarella cheese, with fresh garlic and lemon oil (drool!). Elizabeth happily munched on the crusts 🙂
Oh my word, if you are ever in the Bull City, eat there. And invite me along.
3. Elizabeth has been favoring eating real food this week, so I’ve been racking my brain at breakfast, lunch and dinner as to what to give her. We’re basically doing Baby Led Weaning, which we’re enjoying. This week she inhaled chunks of corn on the cob! She’s also loving blueberries! (Although, I didn’t realize blueberries going in = one big giant blueberry skin coming out. Gross.)
4. And then, some things to look forward to! We are hosting a Potluck Brunch at our house on Sunday, and we’re really looking forward to that. I’ve been zooming around the house prepping for everyone to come over! I plan on contributing a few things, including this DELICIOUS Cinnamon Roll Quick Bread! This is so yummy. I’m tempted to make a second one JUST so I can eat it all by myself. I’ll also be making a batch of scones and a frittata. We’re also in charge of drinks! Can’t wait!
5. Finally, look out folks! Husband has the weekend off. And not just “technically working on Sunday, but I’ll be home by 10am” either. Looks like the Doctor can relax and put his feet up. My in-laws are also visiting this weekend, and I know my husband is super excited to see them! (Or maybe it’s because my Father-in-Law just bought a new Corvette, and he’s driving that down for Hubby to see…. not sure which one he’s more excited for)
So what were you up to this week? I’d love to hear about it!! Hope you have a stellar weekend 🙂
Linking up with: