Here’s what I was up to this week:
1. I am so happy to be home!!!! Elizabeth and I were gone for 2 weeks to Michigan to help with my sister’s wedding. It was nice to be home, visiting my family and watching my best friend get married to HER best friend, but there is nothing like sleeping in your own bed. 🙂
2. Speaking of travel, Elizabeth did pretty well on both of her flights. I imagined it going much worse, but she did great. She even fell asleep during an entire leg! I can’t remember the last time she fell asleep in my arms. I crafted a “Lessons I Learned” travel post, so stay tuned for that one!
3. Once we made it home, I spent a large amount of time unpacking, cleaning out the refrigerator, and just getting everything back in order. But it felt great!
4. Elizabeth picked up so many new skills while we were gone. She officially started saying “dada”. She’s crawling so much faster now! And she is an expert on pulling up to stand on anything. Amazing.
5. And finally, yesterday was my 30th birthday. While it’s nice to celebrate my birthday, my brain can’t help but drift to the fact that summer is more than half over! We’re almost to Fall! YAY!
Even though I was gone for 2 weeks, there were still some blog posts! If you’re catching up (like I am!), here’s what you’ve missed:
Menu Monday – Favorite Make Ahead Meals
30 Outfits in 30 Days Challenge – Wrap Up
Menu Monday – Favorite Desserts Found on Pinterest
Daily Schedule of a Stay at Home Mom
Let me know what you’ve been up to in the comments below! Have a great weekend!
Don’t forget to follow me: Instagram | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | BlogLovin’ | Pinterest
Linking up with:
10 thoughts on “Hey Hey! It’s Friday!”
Glad she did so well on the plane – and I’m looking forward to your tips, because we have our first flight in September! Luckily we’ll have 2 of us for one baby though 🙂 Have a good weekend!
Me too! I’m so grateful. I definitely made some mistakes, though, in preparing for the flight. That’s why I was writing the post in my head during the trip haha! Have a good weekend, yourself!
Happy Belated birthday! Looks like you had a very busy July!! Love all the stages babies go through, love listening to them talk and find their voice. Happy Friday!
Thank you! Yep we are definitely in full babble mode here. It’s a hoot!! Happy Friday to you as well!
Happy belated birthday! 30 looks good on you! 🙂
Ha!! Thank you, kindly.
Hey! We are almost twins… my 30th birthday was Monday. Happy Birthday!!!
Two weeks away from home sure does make you appreciate your own bed. Sounds like you a had a super travel companion though. 🙂
Have a great weekend and thanks for linking up with us.
Birthday twinsies! How exciting! Welcome to your 30s 🙂 Thanks for hosting the link up and for swinging by to visit me! Hope you’re having a great weekend.
Don’t you just love when they fall asleep in your arms? I have a hard time putting my daughter down now if she does it because it’s so rare anymore. Glad to hear your daughter did well on the flights, that’s definitely something I would be a little nervous about!
Hope you had a great weekend!
Thank you! My arms actually hurt a little holding her still in one position 🙂 they just aren’t used to it anymore!! Haha Thanks for stopping by! Hope you had a nice weekend as well.