Elizabeth is 7 months! Holy schmoly. Where has the time gone? Does it always zoom this fast? I swear, tomorrow she’s pulling out of the driveway to go to college.
Anyway, our little ham posed for her 7 month pictures on Mother’s Day, and it took all of 2 minutes to snap about 15 pictures. They were all a hoot! I couldn’t pick just one to share.
Height/Weight: As of last week, she’s 14 lb 13 oz (16%) and 26″ (35%). Following her little growth curve perfectly!
Routine: Elizabeth is still on the same routine she was a month ago. FYI – I’ve been loosely following Moms On Call’s schedule app since the day we brought her home from the hospital. I’m not sure if the schedule helped her sleep well and stick to a routine, or if she’s just naturally a routine person. Who knows!
- 7:00am – Wake up, diaper change and bottle.
- 7:30am – Play time! Right now she loves her bead maze.
- 8:00am – If it’s Monday, Wednesday or Friday, we do a bath. We used to do baths in the evenings, but we’re both so tired in the evenings, it wasn’t pleasant for either of us. She’s still not a bath fan.
- 8:30am – Down for first nap of the day, and usually finishes off whatever was left in her bottle.
- 10:30am – Wake up, diaper change and into her clothes for the day, and then bottle.
- 11:00am – If we’re running errands, we go now.
- 1:00pm – Down for the afternoon nap, and finishes whatever was left in her bottle.
- 3:00pm – Wake up, diaper change, and bottle.
- 4:00pm – She plays while I start dinner. Right now she loves sitting on the floor playing.
- 5:00pm – Husband’s usually home by now, and we all three sit down for dinner. We do Baby Led Weaning!
- 6:00pm – Get ready for bed! She changes into jammies, and gets her final bottle.
- 7:00pm – Lights out and asleep! She’s usually in bed and lights out earlier, but this is the absolute latest she goes down.
Sleeping: Still sleeping amazing *knock on wood* and a full 12 hours. When she’s fussy, it’s usually because she’s tired. And she doesn’t like to be messed with when she’s sleepy. So at nap and bed time, we read a story, bottle, and right to bed!
Eating: She’s still eating 6-8oz of formula each bottle session (there are 4). All’s fine there. Baby Led Weaning is still going on. We’re really only doing one meal a day, and it’s usually dinner time. Sometimes it’s a little bit of what my husband and I are eating, and other times it’s a batch of roasted vegetables I’ve pre-done. Her favs right now are carrots, avocados, and eggs.
Sizes: Elizabeth is still between sizes. She wears 9 month PJs because her legs are long, but they are still big in the body. She rocks 6 & 9 month dresses. She also is wearing size 2 diapers.
Milestones: Each day Elizabeth wakes up and has something new to learn! It’s awesome!
- She loves sitting on her own now, and enjoys a laundry basket as a fun play area.
- She tried the first the swing for the first time and loved it!
- Elizabeth doesn’t really enjoy tummy time still, and doesn’t really show an interest in crawling. But she enjoys trying to stand up! We may skip crawling and go straight to walking.
- Peek a boo is a sure-fire way to get her to giggle. And she’s started to cover/uncover her own face, whether it’s on purpose or on accident!
- Again, Elizabeth is such a ham! The minute she sees my phone pop out, she knows it’s time to pose for a picture.
- AND she seems to know her name is Elizabeth. At least that’s what it seems 🙂
- She seems to be more vocal. She loves blowing raspberries, laughing, and this pterodactyl-like screech. That last one is awesome at church.
- She had several firsts this month – first tornado warning (see pic below), first vacation/stay in a hotel (well technically, hotel closet. Her pack-n-play fit perfectly in the closet, so she had her own little room), and first fire drill (at previously mentioned hotel).