Hey y’all! (There you go – a little dusting of the South for you) It’s Friday! Recap time!
1. Hope you all had a wonderful Easter last week. We certainly did! We traveled to my in-laws, and spent time just chit-chatting. That’s my favorite kind of getaway. Anyway, the little one enjoyed her Easter basket, which was a surprise. She actually dug through and explored each item. And I can’t get over the fact that she kept those bunny ears on!
2. Weather around here in the Bull City is finally feeling like Spring. We’ve been able to do our usual walks every day. Yippee!
3. Hubby turned 30 on Wednesday – and he wanted to celebrate by going to our favorite burger place, Bull City Burger. It’s the only place I cave and get a REAL burger. It is divine! But, their veggie burger is also one of the best handmade burgers I’ve ever tried. If you do go, one word of advice – don’t let them talk you into “sharing” a plate of fries. You will need your own supply. Do not share. You have been warned.
4. Little one tried a swing for the first time yesterday. AND it was hilarious!
Rocking those sunglasses!
5. It hasn’t happened yet, but we’re having a fun dinner party/gettogether on Sunday to celebrate the hubby’s 30th birthday. That should be fun fun fun!
What were you up to this week? Let me know!
Linking up with:
The Lauren Elizabeth
The Good Life Blog
It came and went – Elizabeth’s first Easter!! I’ll be sharing pics on Friday, but wanted to talk about her Easter basket.
I debated for a while about whether it was worth putting together an Easter basket for her, since she’s only 6 months old. But once I started gathering items, I had such a good time! And I think she liked everything, because every single item went straight to her mouth. Which is baby code for “I love this!”.
I made sure that the items I gathered were not expensive and were age appropriate. Most of the items I found at the Target dollar section or their separate Easter area in the back of the store.
Where would we be without Target??
First off, some tips on items to look for when you’re shopping for a baby under 1. I tried to find a few things that were either colorful or moved. It kept my daughter’s attention! You also can’t go wrong with books, in my opinion. Books have legs well beyond that time immediately after a holiday. And, finally, keep it cheap and cheerful! Honestly, do babies need expensive things?
So let me show you what I got Elizabeth! I’ll try to link to what I can!
On this day, I am remembering the great gift of Grace, showered upon us all, by Jesus’ sacrifice. He is risen indeed!
Hope you are all enjoying celebrating this blessed Easter with family and friends.
Yippee! Friday! Here’s some highlights from this week.
1. Our little one decided she was comfortable to sit up on her own! It’s pretty exciting, but makes us realize how quickly she’s growing.
2. I did a smidge of shopping. I was on the hunt for a Spring dress, and was striking out all over town (went to my tried-and-true stops: Target, Ross, T.J. Maxx…). I finally found a dress (not necessarily spring, though) at Old Navy. And all the dresses are currently on sale, so I scored this one for $15! Stripes are my favorite obsession right now!
3. I’m officially obsessed with the Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate Pretzel Slims. Pretzels covered with dark chocolate. Yum! I’m so obsessed, I had to buy two bags this week. I was trying to be strong and save the second bag for our road trip today, but I couldn’t hold out.