Friday Friday Friday!! And an extra special one because it’s Labor Day weekend! (Right?? This is what happens when you aren’t working in an office, you loose track of holidays)
Hopefully you have fun weekend plans!
1. Last week, the husband came home with a spontaneous Google Chromebook purchase. Nice! I’ve been using it almost exclusively for blogging and consulting work, and it’s fabulous! It’s nice to sit at the kitchen table to do work. The chairs are MUCH more comfortable 🙂
As demonstrated, in action, from one of this week’s Instagram pics:
2. I mentioned in Wednesday’s post that I hit a bit of a rut, blog-wise. I still feel “ruttish” (new word. Claim it.), but think I figured out why. It feels like I’ve hit a wall with my Amateur Hour period and I need to step up my game. It feels intimidating. I think that’s what’s causing the rut. It will hopefully shift from rut to motivation!
3. Elizabeth and I spent so much time LAUGHING this week! True belly laughs. She’s learned to clap, which is pretty cute! But she’s also learned to say “mamamamama” in a cranky voice. Sigh…. But back to the laughing. I’m not sure WHY this photo cracks me up, but I can’t stop laughing when I see it! Elizabeth’s face is so funny, and then there is Sophie the Giraffe, perfectly in focus!
4. We did a little reno on one of our front yard flower beds. And by “we”, I mean our lawn/landscaper guys did it. It looks awesome! All of our mulch around the entire house needed replaced because it had this CRAZY artillery fungus, and it was shooting little black spores all over our house and car! So while the mulch was being replaced, we decided to clean up a neglected bed. There are new roses, camellias, and azaleas. It looks so spiffy! (And am I the only one that loves the smell of fresh mulch?) In the Spring we’ll plant some more annuals, but for now, it’s nice.
5. Our 5 month old niece is getting dedicated this Sunday! So exciting! I love a good family gathering!!
So that’s it! A bit of a ramble today 🙂 My mind is everywhere!
Let me know what you’ve been up to in the comments below! Have a great weekend!
Linking up with: