Height/Weight | As of her last doctor’s appointment a few weeks ago, she’s cruised over the 15 lb mark (19%). She also apparently has shrunk, now at 25.4″ (8.5%). I think the height thing is the HARDEST thing to measure on a wiggly baby.
Routine | Elizabeth is starting to SLIGHTLY change her routine.
- 6:30-7:00am – Wake up, diaper change and bottle.
- 7:30am – Play time! Right now she loves her farm animals and a dolly. We’ll also head out on a walk.
- 8:30am – If it’s Monday, Wednesday or Friday, we do a bath. She’s enjoying baths a little more, but leaning back to rinse her head is still “scary”.
- 9:00am – Down for first nap of the day, and usually finishes off whatever was left in her bottle.
- 10:30am – Wake up, diaper change and into her clothes for the day, and then bottle.
- 11:00am – If we’re running errands, we go now.
- 1:30pm – Down for the afternoon nap, and finishes whatever was left in her bottle.
- 3:00pm – Wake up, diaper change, and bottle.
- 4:00pm – She plays while I start dinner. Right now she loves sitting on the floor playing.
- 5:00pm – Husband’s usually home by now, and we all three sit down for dinner.
- 6:00pm – Get ready for bed! She changes into jammies, and gets her final bottle.
- 6:30pm – Lights out and asleep!
Sleeping | Still sleeping amazing *knock on wood* with a full 12 hours at night, plus two naps. She’s in a phase right now where she’ll wake up in the middle of her nap and play. Then back to sleep again. It’s so cute listening to her on the monitor.
Eating | She’s still eating 6-8oz of formula each bottle session (there are 4). All’s fine there. Baby Led Weaning is still going on. Elizabeth has a protest of bottles a few weeks back, and we had to do three meals of real food for a week. That tapered off, and now we’re back to 1-2 meals a day. Her favorite foods are avocados (still), corn on the cob, and rice and beans.
Sizes | Elizabeth is still between sizes. She wears 9 month PJs and pants because her legs are long, but they are still big in the body. She rocks 6 & 9 month dresses. She has now moved up to Size 3 diapers (as of Sunday). Too many blow outs (that’s the sign)!
Milestones | There are quite a few to report!
- She is officially able to sit on her own, without supervision (meaning, she doesn’t topple over immediately)! HUGE and makes play time a lot more fun.
- I swear Elizabeth knows how to crawl, but she just refuses to do it. She leans forward, almost on to her knees, then sits back up. She’s so stinking close!
- She did, technically, crawl a few steps, but won’t replicate it.
- She also took a few steps while holding onto my fingers!
- Elizabeth does love to roll around though. That’s her current way of getting around.
- She had her first trip to the zoo!
- Elizabeth can wave… when she’s in the mood for it 🙂
- In the food category, she mastered using a straw sippy cup, and has enjoyed a few baby snacks (we’re testing a few to see which ones we should take with us on our plane trip in a month).
- Her favorite toys right now are her farm animals and her dolly from Target. She also loves her two blankies my friend’s mom made for her.
- Elizabeth starting smacking her lips. Not sure what it means…
- One of her favorite games is sitting on the back of the sofa and having mommy hop her up and down, so she can see herself in the mirror.
Here are some of my favorite pictures from over the last month!