Height/Weight | She was at the doctor a few weeks ago because she was sick, but they didn’t measure her! But her weight was 16.2 lbs. She’s following her little growth curve perfectly!
Routine | Elizabeth is starting to SLIGHTLY change her routine.
- 7:00am – Wake up and bottle.
- 7:30am – Play time!
- 8:00am – Breakfast time – usually oatmeal and applesauce or a yogurt with fruit.
- 8:30am – If it’s Monday, Wednesday or Friday, we do a bath. Leaning back to rinse her head is still “scary”…. when does that end?
- 9:00am – Down for first nap of the day, and usually finishes off whatever was left in her bottle.
- 10:00am – Wake up, and then bottle.
- 10:30am – Play time! Or errands.
- 11:30am – Lunch time – I’ll eat with her, so sometimes it’s leftovers from dinner, or I make some eggs!
- 12:30pm – Down for the afternoon nap, and finishes whatever was left in her bottle.
- 2:30-3:00pm – Wake up and bottle.
- 3:30pm – Small snack – usually something pre-done (like puffs, or teething biscuit)
- 4:00pm – She plays while I start dinner.
- 5:00pm – Husband’s usually home by now, and we all three sit down for dinner.
- 6:00pm – Get ready for bed! She changes into jammies, and gets her final bottle.
- 6:30pm – Lights out and asleep!
Sleeping | Still sleeping amazing *knock on wood* with a full 12 hours at night, plus two naps. Her morning nap is getting shorter, and only lasts between 1-1.5 hours. But her afternoon nap is longer.
Eating | She’s started pushing away her bottle after drinking 4 oz. That’s why we’ve had to start her on 3 square meals a day. She’ll usually drink another 2 oz., though, before her nap. Her favorite foods right now are avocado, yogurt, black beans, corn, peaches and pasta.
Sizes | HA! This child is currently using clothes in 3 different sizes. She’s wearing 6 month onesies and dresses, 9 month pants, and 12 month pajamas. At least I’m getting a lot of use out of those 6 month clothes!
Milestones | This last month was hilarious! On her 8 month birthday, she just started ticking them all off the list!
- Elizabeth started crawling on her 8 month birthday! It was only a few steps, but she soon got speedy! Now she just zooms around!
- Every place in the house is a new adventure – she is obsessed with the dining room.
- She is starting to pull to stand now. Over the weekend, she pulled to stand in her crib. Had to snap a picture!
- Elizabeth tried a veggie pattie for the first time… not sure if that’s baby appropriate, but she loved it!
- She loves books! We have a bin full of books, and she crawls over and starts pulling them out. She especially loves finger puppet books.
- Elizabeth also enjoys knocking down towers 🙂
- We both love playing peek-a-boo around the coffee table. Now that she crawls, we peek around at one another!
- She started babbling a bit more, instead of her typical “aaaahhhh”. She started saying baa baa baa and dadadadadada.
Here are some of my favorite pictures from over the last month! The picture at top left is when she pulled to stand in her crib just a few days ago! She was pretty proud 🙂